Friday, August 31, 2007

Fall is for Divas!

Salutations to you, Devastating Divas!

I'll tell you what, I'm so ready for Fall I can hardly stand myself. I'm ready to break out my sexy sweaters, beautiful boots, serious scarves and all my other cool weather gear. Seriously, the summer can go on about it's business.

I've been perusing some of my favorite boutiques and online shop sites and I've found myself with a serious problem. I want EVERYTHING!!! No doubt I have to control my materialistic tendencies but I really can't seem to help myself sometimes. There are certain things that I just have to have. Like some of the upcoming pieces that are in my favorite designers lines -- you know the names, Diane von Furstenberg, Joie, Chloe, Marc Jacobs, Cynthia Vincent.... I could go on and on. Just let me ask this... can I please hit the lotto? I mean pretty please? Because with my wish list and my bank account, some things just won't get done. But you know how we do sometimes, shuffle, shuffle, shuffle and maybe... just maybe... those new Loubou's will be ours. For instance, check out what's going on with Michael Kors (courtesy of FNL) ...

... Lord help!!! I wonder if I can "Look for Less" any one of these Duchess-standard looks so they can find themselves stored in my fabulous closet. If not, Mr. Kors -- holla at your girl. ;)



With that being said, I'm going to share with you some of the things I've seen and heard and we'll sweat through the rest of the summer heat together.

Fabulously Fall....

Ciao Bella,








The Duchess


Now Let's Get to It....




Tress to Impress

Now we all wonder, the fabulous foxes that we are, how to always maintain a healthy head of hair. I know I'm always looking for the next best thing that will give me bounce, volume and flow. So I've looked high and low, under rocks, in the mountains... (ok.. ok.. I'll stop) But I seriously have been looking and I just can't seem to find that one stylist that gels with me. So I've been skipping around a lot. Ladies this is your cue to let go of those secret salon locations.

Until we can find those perfect hair secrets though, here are a few tips on how to keep it swingin':

  • Be a super smart shampooer. - Ladies, let go of that once a week myth. Depending on what type of hairstyle you're rockin' you have to cleanse your your hair between 1 and 3 times a week. Remember to work from the roots to avoid tangles, too.
  • Condition, condition, condition. - After you shampoo put the good stuff back in your hair with a rinse out conditioner. Don't skimp on cheap products, get a good one with protein.
  • Trim your ends. - I know, I know. It looks like it's growing doesn't it? Well, you want to keep it that way so chop those split ends off and send 'em packin'. You don't want those splits to travel up the hair shaft and cause more drama do you? I didn't think so. A duchess is definitely drama free!
Check out these bangin' styles from celebs we know and love:


Elise Neal


















Amerie

















Regina Hall


















I love it and I certainly ain't mad!!! These fierce felines are rockin' it out. However you choose to rock your coif, do it well. Now that's a good look!




Diamonds are a Diva's Best Friend!!

Way to work it B! Our Duchess of the Day is definitely Miss Beyonce Knowles. This girl truly knows how to get her hustle on. With precious gifts from God, she has blessed us with a powerful voice, sassy fashion, and now another fragrance to drive our dukes and gents with. It doesn't come out until later on in September, but I'm telling you I just can't wait. I've been told by a handsome gent or two that they love it when a woman smells good. So take that hint ladies, make sure you smell like a freshly bloomed flower - jasmine, magnolia, rose, or whatever reflects your inner princess - whenever you exit the premises you call home. Don't trip and don't forget. Putting on perfume should be like putting on deoderant. Never and I do mean, never, leave home without it. But I digress, back to B...

So she talks about her latest venture with a prince of style and fashion Mr. Georgio Armani. To hear what she had to say, peep the video.

If you liked what you saw... and you're dying to check out the commerical... Your girl has got you covered. Here it is:



If you can't wait for this fragrance to release and you're itching for some scintillating scents right now, here are a few of my personal favs. I'm not that bougie... I'll share them with you.

Miss Dior Cherie, by Christian Dior

Coco Mademoiselle, by Chanel

Princess, by Vera Wang

Gucci, by Gucci

Another "Dutchess" in the Handbag Game

Fergie is on the scene doing her fashion thang and what an impressive job she's done so far. Her fresh new line of handbags is called Fergie for Kipling and it features three collections: Nice Scout, Naughty Scout and The Dutchess.

The Fergie for Kipling Nice Scout cellection reflects fashion elements from her Fergalicious video. The bags are leather and are detailed with mesh fabric, silver or bronze-toned zippers and other accents.

Naughty Scout features handbags and accessories in Gunmetal, Slate and bright Fucshia hues. She also blows us a kiss with her chic Lips print featuring embossed Fuchsia lips and Fergie Loves Kipling text accents.

Lastly, inspired by her 2006 Billboard Music Awards dress, Fergie's The Dutchess collection is filled with handbags in plaid, a classic crisscross patter, green and black tones, and Tassel print. They'll be available in bright Cobalt blue, amethyst-toned Ultraviolet and chic Black.

Fergie's bags are due out this year in September, October and November.

No comments: