Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Save the Wallets! (It's My New Organization)

Greetings and salutations Divas!

I hope you had a good Labor Day holiday. I certainly did. This Duchess definitely needed that long weekend like nobody's business. But it's back to work with me and definitely a new day so let's get to talking about what's happening in the world of fashion, fun and fierceness!

So like I said already, your girl is ready for fall. I actually took myself shopping this weekend and snagged up some of those fabulous Labor Day sales (where I could find them) and now my cute Gucci wallet is screaming for the Lord to save it from my relentless opening and closing. My credit card is begging for mercy and will probably need immediate medical attention from all the swipe burns I inflicted on it. I sure hope it recuperates before my birthday rolls around or I might get myself into some serious trouble. Somebody call the law!!! I didn't buy everything though, I had to save some items for my wish list, which I'll pass around for my sassiest peeps to figure out what I'll be receiving on the day of all days, my birthday, which happens to be rapidly approaching. I'll discuss more of that fabulousness a little later.

Also, since the fall is approaching, let's make a pact, Divas, to update our music and reading selections so when the cold does roll in, we're super set to stay inside with a nice glass of pinot grigio and a soft and warm cashmere throw from Saks. I'll put my list of favs to get, so scoot that mouse over to the right and get to browsing. At this point, it doesn't hurt to get a Barnes & Noble or Borders membership. Intelligence is sexy ladies. Very, very sexy.

So without further ado, let's get to the biz ladies. Are you ready? One, two strap on your new Chanel shoes. Three, four new bag from Christian Dior. Five, six don't forget your MAC lipsticks. Seven, eight go on a sexy date. Nine, ten gonna swipe your card again....

Ciao Bella,









The Duchess



The Fashionista Diaries


Now Divas, I know that you've been searching for that show that you just have to see since Sex in the City left us, what seems like many, many moons ago (but Hallelujah! there is a God, there's a movie coming out to save us from our despair and post-season finale withdrawal) but here's something for us all. A new show on SOAPnet (ladies, please, please, please get cable - or pay your cable bills ) called The Fashionista Diaries, which I know they made just for me. Now if I was about 8 years younger, I'd definitely throw in my bid to be on this fabulous show so I could show those amateurs how a real Diva gets down. But there's one Duchess holding it down for us on the show. She goes by the name Janjay and she's an assistant at Flirt! cosmetics.

You might laugh it off, but this 22-year-old Honey is doing her thing and making all her colleagues sit up and pay attention. This is definitely a great way for her to make her mark in the hustle/bustle/never stop and always shop Dime's paradise called New York City! According to her bio on SOAPnet.com, Janjay's dream job is to do public relations work for a major fashion house (I ain't mad sista, I'm a PR diva myself). her style icons are Beyonce, the illustrious SJP (Sarah Jessica Parker for you know-nots) and Nicole Richie.
Janjay says, "I would describe myself as sophisticated chic with a trendy twist. I really don't believe that fashion has any rules, so I love doing looks that are wrong but sooooo right!" Check out the rest of her interview here.
Check out a clip from the show and then tell me you won't be watching...


I guess what they've said is true: "The Revolution Will Be Accessorized!" (amen amen amen) Check out the show, Wednesday's at 9 on the SOAPnet channel.

The "White" Party
So what does a savvy socialite do on her Labor Day weekend? She parties with Diddy and the bunch in the Hamptons, of course! Here are some of our favorite Divas rockin' their white and getting their proper party on. I ain't mad... well, maybe just a little...





















Angela Simmons sans Vanessa, hmmmm....






















Dawn from Danity Kane, Show Stoppin'






















Star Jones and her boo Al making an unusually nice looking couple because sometimes, Divas, you know they both look a hot-A-mess.


It's All in the B-A-G

So what's up with the must have handbags, pocketbooks, and purses for the fall? Keep an eye out for bags from Katherine Kwei! She's definitely giving the fashion urbanista a bit of arm candy with her addictive pieces. But don't take my word for it. Just ask Eva Longoria or J-Lo. They'll tell you. Then they'll pop your hand for trying to touch the leather. They'll put a dent in your wallet to the tune of $800 - $1,600 or more.





While you're still in the spending mood, don't forget the Downtown Tote by YSL. That puppy is HOT, HOT, HOT!!!! Oh, and let's not forget ex-pen-sive! This one will set you back anywhere from $1,500 to $2,200. But if you just so happen to have it like that, more power to you. Again, don't take my word for it (although I do happen to know what I'm talking about). Jessica Biel knows the deal.




OHMYGOD! OHMYGOD!! OHMYGOD!!!


Okay. See there.... You thought I was trippin.' Well here they are ladies. A couple of coveted shoes for the fall. Right there above, tell me what's goin' on with those beautiful, artistically crafted gold sequined Loubous. Or how about below? I'm not usually one for the glitterati type adornments but those Skull Head boots by Roberto Cavalli, I mean come on.



Mary Jane Peep-Toe Manolos? Are they serious? And how about those boots and matching bag by Fendi? Somebody please, please take my credit card and STOP.... THIS.... MADNESS!!!!!!!

PLEASE DON'T HATE!


Ms. Jill Scott, also highlighted as my Diva (below), is on the move with her newest album "The Real Thing: Words And Sounds Vol. 3," due to release on the 23rd of September. Take a listen to some of the record. Once you've heard it, you'll probably be just as excited about it as I am. You ladies will definitely want to add this new album to your fall playlists, iPods, or whatever music apparatus you're using right now. You must support this Diva and please -- as the Diva herself requests-- put the Hater-ade down.








No comments: