Tuesday, September 11, 2007

This is Why I'm Hot!

Greetings and Salutations Divas!

Not too long ago, I was speaking to a super-savvy Duchess about the fabulousness of her world and it got me to thinking. Now what she told me wasn't really earth shattering news but it did bring up some thoughts in my mind. She called me to tell me about her B.A.P. outing with a few of her lawyer colleagues (Yes! She is Flyy and Fab) to a hot sushi spot in Vegas and then on to have a little session in retail therapy at the Fashion Show Mall.

After we finished talking about socialite circles and what's hot and new, I thought to myself, there needs to be a lot more of that going on. I definitely need to be hanging more with women who are on the same level that I am. I need a group of women who knows who I'm talking about when I say Ella Moss or Tory Burch or Vince. I don't want to have to break it down for each and every single person. Does anyone feel my pain, here?

As young, fierce, and intelligent women we have to represent. Put that spandex and unmentionables-revealing mini skirt back in the closet -- better yet, burn them and let's prove ourselves to be the vixens that we are. When we walk into a room, we DO NOT want to be mistaken for the uninformed, underperforming, intern. So please, act like you know.

That's it. I'm done. Let's get to it this week.

Ciao Bella,








The Duchess

'Dreaming' of 'SEX'




My fellow Vixens, it's been a long time coming, and yet we STILL have to wait a little while. However, I will wait (most eagerly) for Sex and the City: The Movie to come to theaters so I can see my girls, SJP, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, and Cynthia Nixon, in action again - wandering the streets of New York City in high fashion and loving each and every minute. I'm not the only one who's had that dream though. A Vixen has emerged and will join the ladies of 'Sex' in the new movie as Carrie Bradshaw's assistant. Who's that girl you ask? Why none other than Miss Jennifer Hudson, Dreamgirl, Academy Award winner, songstress and all-around dynamite in an unmarked package!



Miss Jenn will play Louise, a fabulous assistant to Carrie -- hmmm... can we conclude that Carrie has made some vicious career moves? Without giving too much away, the studio has told insiders that the story will be set four years after the HBO series finale. So let's think about this... four years after Big (who will be returning courtesy of Chris Noth - THANK GOD!!) went to Paris and swept Miss Bradshaw off her feet. Could she be Mrs. "John" by now?

Anywho... I digress. Back to J-Hud. She is really doing big things right now. In addition to this role, she's recently completed Winged Creatures, an ensemble drama featuring silver screen greats Forest Whitaker, Kate Beckinsale and the little (or not so little anymore) Dakota Fanning. That project is due out next year and as if it waiting at all isn't torture enough, there's no word on a release date for Sex.

But to tide us over, here are a few fashion flashbacks from the show and a couple of Jennifer's fashion finds too!!!




There's Something about Dresses

Ladies, I have been on the hunt for that perfect piece that will elongate my legs, cinch my waist and give my "twins" a boost the opposite sex won't soon forget. Here are some of the ladies that have accomplished it, with what seems, effortless ease.

Ciara

Mel B.

Rhianna



Alicia Keys



You probably saw all of these ladies doin' it up at the VMAs.

No comments: