Wednesday, September 19, 2007


Fashionistas!

I hope you haven't missed me. I've been busy doing fabulous things and trying to keep myself looking uber-fabulous at the same time. There are definitely a couple of things going on in the fashion world that we should all be paying attention to, especially in the what's hot category.

Also, have you ever been watching a movie or television show and thought to yourself that you'd give a pair of Manolos and a Hermes bag to rock one of the fierce looks that you see on the silver screen or Dr. 90210 "Boob" tube? Well, if that's you--then you're definitely like me and we're going to be exploring that along with taking a look at some of our favorite Divas that we should be paying some serious attention to. And speaking of television, I'll talk about some of the shows that I'll be sure to DVR so I won't miss out while I'm out and about making waves in the PR world.

With that being said, I'm feeling fierce and fantastic, beautifully classic and all about the new, now and next. Won't you join me?

If you will, strap on your $800 Loubous and strut your chic stuff this way...

Ciao bella,


The Duchess


LUXE LEATHER

So if you don't have a leather jacket, I suggest you get one. The word on Fifth Ave. is that leather will be in full swing this fall, especially that of the motorcycle jacket sort. And some of our favorite designers are certainly putting their all into jacket designs because there are more than a couple that I'm coveting right now. Look at these three from L.A.M.B. and Mike and Chris. The first is the L.A.M.B. Military (shopbop.com) the middle is a leather Hoodie from Mike & Chris (shopbop.com) and the last is another L.A.M.B. creation--motorcycle classic.



(images from shopbop.com)

Leather jackets aren't the only thing that seems to be coming back either. Remember leather pants? Well those are seeming to make an appearance too. I'm still not sold on the idea, on some people they represent a major fashion oh-HELL-no, but if you're feeling it, take a chance and just make sure you wear them well. You can find some nice pairs at Victoria's Secret online and always at Wilson's Leather.




(image from Victoria's Secret.com)


I'm going to be a SUPERMODEL...




Ever since I found "Clueless" with Alicia Silverstone and Stacy Dash (where in the Holy heck are they now, anyway) I've always remembered these lyrics:

"I don't care what my teachers say. I'm going to be a supermodel. Everyone will want to dress like me, wait and see. When I'm a supermodel. And my hair will shine like the sea. Everyone will want to look just like me. 'Cause I'm young. Hip. So beautiful. I'm going to be a supermodel..."

That's almost my theme song on some days, and I'm sure the everyday mantra for the new contestants of this season's America's Next Top Model - Season 9. Can you take it? A new bevy of beauties will be vying for the Top Model title and hopefully this season will produce another Eva the Diva, who, as you probably noticed, is the Dime spotlight this time.

Check out these Divas-in-the-making and pray along with me that they live up to the standards of our Duchess lifestyle. OK... go! ... ... ... ... ... ... There! And an Amen and Namaste to all who prayed with me.

So here they are in all their 5'10," skinny glory.






36-24-36... It's all in the "Jeans"



The jean scene will be in full effect this fall with all of my Fashionistas rockin' the high-waisted, wide-legged denim jeans and slacks. I have a pair already and they are EXCELLENT for my figure. I feel like a superstar in my pair, which are by Seven for all Mankind. But a number of designers are making these available to us, from Eve's Fetish line to XXXX to XXXX. Price points for these can be pretty steep, so if that concerns you, you might want to shop around a bit before investing. You may want to just start shopping around anyway because there are so many cuts and styles, you might find yourself in a wonderland of pants. I can tell you that I saw mine earlier this year, before the big whoop and people were thinking I was quite possible taking shots of Jack, but a trend-savvy chica like myself knows these things. Now everyone is asking me where I got them. Ha! Take that! Check these out...




Classic BEAUTY

I'll be the first to admit that I don't have flawless skin. The very first one. I've been up and down, down and through some of the best skincare lines that department stores have to offer in search of the products that will make my skin glow like Gabrielle Union's or Jada Pinkett-Smith's.



So I've promised myself that I'll be heading out to Sephora to pick up the latest goods from Carol's Daughter, whom I've heard has some simply sinful beauty products that will have me glowing like the Hope Diamond. You should check them out with me and use them religiously and we'll achieve that skin goal together.



And once that face is clear, dust a light coating of Prescriptives Custom Blend over your flawless face and have yourself a cocktail.




Cheers to you!



No comments: