Friday, October 12, 2007

In the Spotlight

Salutations to all of my fierce fashion femmes!

I've been away for a bit, but I'm back in full swing. I had some crazy person crash into my convertible so I had to take care of my beautiful self for a few weeks. But I'm ready to dish and am loving some things that I've been reading about in the style mags and on the Internet.

I thought I'd do something a little different this time and highlight one of my favorite designers, Alice + Olivia so be sure to read up on that. I'll tell you where you can go to buy choice items from their fabulous line.

I also thought that I'd spotlight a few runway divas, since our most coveted items are featured on their svelte bodies during fashion shows in NY, Paris and Milan.

So I won't keep you from the good stuff...

Ciao bella,

The Duchess





From the Catwalk to Boardwalk

As promised, I wanted to spotlight one of my favorite Designers that you should definitely be on the lookout for. Alice + Olivia is doing it wayyyyy big right now and I am loving every single minute of their shine. From dresses, to slacks to luxurious leather pieces, they have everything you need this fall to keep you looking your best!



(Photos from the NY Post)

Don't you just adore these looks? I'm almost too afraid to look. I don't trust what I'll do on a trip to the mall. Especially when I'm with my sister-friends who, like a good diva-stating woman should, let me blow my entire budget on one shirt or an "onion" hugging pair of pants. How do they help me avoid buyer's remorse? They just remind me that if I don't get it now, I'll be kicking myself later, which is true. And who am I kidding, it may be a day or two late, but the bills will get paid--and I'll still look like Foxy Brown (the real one) on her P.h.a.t.est day!


(Photos from the New York Post)

So you can see why there are a million and three reasons to shop Alice + Olivia. You can find them almost everywhere, from Neiman's to Saks to Bergdorf's and Bloomingdales. If you're too fab to shop in the store, an easy way is to find your cursor on the shopbop.com button to the right and click for all your credit card swiping needs. While you're there, sign up for the free hangbag contest. You might get lucky!!!


You Better Work!

Don't you just love it when you see your sepia skin-toned sisters doing positive things with their lives? I know I do. In honor of living large and feeling fierce, I'm highlighting two Divas that are currently killin' it on the runway. You may know one as she's been featured in Sports Illustrated (I ain't mad at you girl!) several times and the other you'll recognize from Top Model fame. First off, Jessica White.




Check out these shots of her posing for the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit edition. Talk about making you want to break out your Bowflex and hook up your abs. Goodness gracious! Well this Diva is impressing many people out there and becoming a coveted face for many products, including Cover Girl, Tommy Hilfiger and Ralph Lauren. She's also been featured in Harper's Bazaar, Teen Vogue and graced the Tyra Banks Show. She was also spotlighted in Sports Illustrated. Check that out:



Now for those comments from Tyra, I'd say everyone better be on the look out. Keep making us proud Diva!

Now, here's YaYa DeCosta. You remember her from Tyra's America's Next Top Model. She was the runner up. Yep, and she didn't fall off the map like so many others did. She went on to do big things. She was featured in several movies, you'll most likely remember her in "Take the Lead" with Antonio Banderas. She had a rough home life? Well, her life certainly does not imitate her art now! She's signed with Model 1 in Europe and Ford Models here in the great U.S. of A. Oil of Olay has used her flawless face to push its products and she's also washed her tresses in Garnier Fructis. Check her out!



(Photos from Brownsista.net)


STELLLLAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!


Just to keep in touch with what's happening with another of my favorite designers, I'll leave you with a glimpse of the Fall/Winter '07-'08 runway for Stella McCartney.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love it... this is soooooooooo you!!! ;) i'll be sure to check in on you ms duchess!!