Monday, October 15, 2007

BAPS, Beauties and Beamers

Bonjour Divas,

This has already worked out to be a whirlwind week. There's so much going on with me right now, I just don't know where to begin. And pardon my lateness on the update, I've been meaning to touch base for a couple of days now, but like I said, the Duchess has been busy. First, I'm just going to highlight my weekend because boy was it shop-tastic! Once again, I went into the stores and lost my mind. I shopped out Neiman's and went into cardiac arrest at Saks, but my checkbook AND my credit card are both recovering nicely. I have to let you know that if you consider yourself a true Diva, then you absolutely, and I do mean ABSOLUTELY must have an Hermes scarf. No excuses. I'll tell you why later. (wink) Also, I kind of liked the designer highlight, so I'll keep that going. This week I'll let you know what's going on with Rag & Bone and Milly. You'll want to be paying close attention to both of these because the fall/winter lines are HOT HOT HOT!! And just because it's football season, I have to give it up to my team the Dallas Cowboys! All the haters can just take a seat. But I'm not going to focus really on America's Team. I feeling like showing a little love to America's Sweethearts, the cheerleaders. They are definitely Divas and worked hard to be in the position they're in and represent for the best team in the league. So let's stop talking and get straight to it. Ciao bella, The Duchess


Be on the Lookout...

Vanilly gave Milly a really bad name, but Michelle Smith revived it for all of us glam queens! Milly is quickly becoming one of the hottest names in fashion, acting as the goto line for sleek pieces made with supple fabrics. True to her tagline, "Sexy. Feminine. Glamorous. Sophisticated. Milly.," Smith is giving other designers a run for their money, literally. Take a look at some of her Fall pieces.



Milly burst onto the scene in 2000 and is moving, full steam ahead, with a timeless style. You might have seen some of the pieces on Cameron Diaz, Jessica Biel and Jennifer Aniston. If you fancy a trip down 5th Avenue, stop into Saks or Bergdorf Goodman to shop the collection. If you need a more virtual shopping experience, slide your cursor over to the right and check her out at shopbop.com.

You'll also be interested in knowing that Rag & Bone is a hot one to look out for as well. This fashion label was born in 2001, originally inspired by denim and the classicness of jeans. The goal of designers David Neville and Marcus Wainwright was to fuse history, authenticity and fundamentals into clothing and thus, Rag & Bone was born. Now the name sounds pretty grungy right? But, trust me. The pieces are anything but. The name actually honors an English tradition of the rag and bone man who would gather scrap metal, old furniture, wood and anything else that would help sustain him. So truthfully, think of it as the first form of recycling. Back then, the rag and bone man would trade candy and sweets for scraps for his cart. Today, we trade Hamiltons and Franklins. But it's so worth it. Check out these items the y have for us for Fall.



And if you like what you see... as I'm sure you do... wait until you see what they have in store for us in the Spring 2008 line. No, I won't keep you waiting... check out these pieces. True works of art.




Her Hermes

Now I told you that I would tell you why you have to have an Hermes scarf to officially be a B.A.P. and that's exactly what I'm going to do. Hermes represents the epitome of luxury and style and basically, if you want to represent that, then one of these pieces must be in your collection. Period. When I tell you, it is the softest silk you'll ever touch and you won't be angry at the $300 you dropped on a square of fine fabric, you'll pay attention. Take for instance the orange Twilly scarf represented to right in the classic Hermes orange. Wrap it around your one of the handles of your Chanel, Chloe, Kooba, Louis or Gucci handbag and sweeten your arm candy.

The classic orange is unmistakable from a mile away and will always bring you complements from people wanting to steal your style. What you probably don't know about Hermes is that it began as a saddle company in Paris 168 years ago under the name Hermes-Freres. You'll definitely remember the famous Kelly bag (pictured below) that the Diva Grace Kelly used to eloquently hide her pregnancy. That actually debuted in 1956 and, like mama always said, "Class never goes out of style." Now the scarves, datebooks, Birkin bags and other accessories are some of the most coveted items out there.



















Now do I need to say anything more? If you don't have something Hermes, go get it. Now. Pass go. Collect $200. You'll need it at the register.




America's Sweethearts


What can I say about the Dallas Cowboys. Nothing else, but I LOVE them!!! I sit in front of my television every Sunday and hold my well-manicured hands to my face in hopes that Tony Romo will throw a perfect touchdown pass. And when they find themselves in the end zone, I jump up and high-kick my way around my coffee table and give the jazz hands, singing praises of how I looooovvvveeeee those Texas boys. In my other life, I must've been a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader. Since I'm not, I'll pay homage to the Duchesses that are holding it down on and off the field.




Here's the dish on the Divas:
1. Deryn Dberbigny - She's 25, from New Orleans and wants to direct her own NFL cheerleading squad. 2. Nicole Hamilton - She's 24, from Nashville and hopes to open her own dance studio and spa. 3. Ryan Ray - This diva is 22, from Fort Worth and is looking forward to a career in speech pathology. 4. Tia Williams - Honey is 23, from Sapulpa, OK (where?) and wants to start her own denim line for women. 5. Ally Traylor - She's 22, from St. Louis and wants to open her own dance wear boutique. 6. Carman Butler - Miss Thing is 33, from Omaha and looks forward to opening a non-profit that will look out for the health and safety of children, seniors and animals. 7. Dara McFarlane - This Duchess is 18, from Nassau Bay and wants to be a publicist! (Like me!)

Work it out Divas. I'm very proud!!!

No comments: